The warm season is here. That means time to store your winter ensemble in the meantime and feel the warmth for the next coming months. However, it does not come without any problems, especially regarding your pipes and drainage systems.
You can only pray you won’t have to call a plumber to fix your damaged pipes. But things happen, and it is best to leave your plumbing woes to the experts. If you’re tired of spring-related plumbing emergencies, this guide will help you identify and prevent these common problems.
What are the most common spring plumbing problems?
Plumbing issues happen all year round. You should not wait before any outdoor plumbing issues at home worsens. Here are common plumbing emergencies that should be addressed as soon as they occur:
Springtime means plants are coming to life and are searching for nutrients. Your leaking sewer system could become the target for invasive roots looking for nutrients under the ground. Invasive roots could also lead to slow drainage and water pressure issues.
Winter can freeze your pipes and cause cracks and leaks when it warms up come springtime. It could cause water damage, contaminate your water supply at home, and spend on expensive repairs if you ignore it.
Spring means new plant growth, leaving leaves, twigs, and debris from the previous season falling and getting stuck in your gutter. This debris assortment could cause blockages, water overflow, and damage to your home. The possibility of mold and corrosion formation and pest infestations due to clogged gutters and damaged plumbing systems.
Why should you prepare your pipes in time for the warm season?
Here are reasons why you should prepare your pipes in time for the warm season:
- Makes your home safe and prevents further pipe and water-related incidents
- Ensures efficient water pressure and flow
- Prevents plumbing problems and other emergencies that could cause inconveniences
- Extend the lifespan of your plumbing system
- Less water wastage and avoid the increase in water bills
- Better indoor air quality which lessens the occurrence of mold and mildew growth
Also, minimize the risk of potential dangers at home due to leaks or burst pipes come springtime by following these tips:
- Make sure to remove snow around your home to prevent melted water from seeping through the walls when it thaws.
- Check your pipes and gutters for any signs of molding, cracks, or leaks and the area surrounding them.
- Consider buying backflow valves that keep wastewater flowing down the drain only and a good sump pump.
- Check the rest of your home, including the basement, attic, walls, ceiling, bathroom, and kitchen, for anything that needs repairs.
- Speaking of repairs, better to call a professional plumber in Mt. Pleasant, TN, for your pipe and drain system needs.